Saturday 9 August 2014

August Blogging - Day 9

Yes I know I missed some but I do have a good excuse.

 It involves a bit of this


and a lot of this


I'll get to that tomorrow.

Today's prompt from Emma is 15 things that make you happy.

It goes without saying that my family make me happy so I'm going to go with 15 more superficial things:

1. That first cup of coffee on a morning

2. Watching the transformation of a seed into a plant knowing that I've made that happen

3. Knitting

4. The pets but only when they are being good. The dogs are a nightmare for barking at anything going past the window and in this warmer weather the window being open makes noise carry so they do it even more. Very frustrating but good at the same time because it deters the cold calling sales people. Flaming cats have pooped on the kitchen floor once or twice recently too which is frustrating. All is forgiven though when the dogs come for a cuddle or a cat sits on your knee purring.

5. White chocolate

6. The feeling when you wake up and there is still an hour before the alarm goes off and you can nod back off.

7. Laying in bed listening to the rain. Our room has a velux window and the pitter patter is strangely soothing.

8. Freshly washed bed covers

9. Pizza from dominos

10. My allotment

11. A freshly bleached and hosed back yard. Two big stinky dogs provide a lot of mess!

12. White washing blowing in the wind

13. New pretty stationery (usually at the beginning of the tax year but sometimes just because)

14. A pair of comfy shoes

15. Looking at pretty things on Pinterest.


Steph's prompt today is about your skin care routine

I'm a bit lazy if I'm honest and *shock horror* go to bed with my make up on sometimes and then waking up with panda eyes the next morning. I should know better. I do make myself get into a routine and it works for 2-3 weeks but then I end up tired and just wanting my bed and can't be bothered again. Yes I know....no hope!

When I'm on a routine I generally use whatever has come in a recent birchbox but sometimes I will buy products from the same range sometimes I'll mix and match. I really like the All Bright Botanics range from Boots but I did read on one of the products that it contains an ingredient that makes your skin more sensitive to the sun and to use extra sunscreen or words to that effect. I figured I'd save that for the dull days of a uk autumn/winter. I'm rambling now so I'll just say what I'm using at the moment - Balance Me cleanser, I'm using L'Oreal CC cream during the day so haven't been bothering with a day cream. I've got Avon Genics Dark Circle stuff for my eyes. I've no idea if it works to reduce the dark circles but it certainly moisturises the area. On a night time I use Oil of Olay instant hydration cream. Mainly because it was reduced to £2.50 in Boots recently. I'm assuming it is a discontinued item now which is a shame because it's really nice.

Bit of a mix today. I'll be back with the seaside and wedding stories tomorrow and of course the prompts for day 10.

I really need to get back into the routine again instead of a quick wipe of the panda eyes with a baby wipe on a morning.

1 comment:

Stephanie Jane said...

Some lovely things on the list.

I'm fairly lazy with my skin care as well. I'm trying to get better with it and have been better for about 3 months. I really don't like washing my face at the sink! (i don't know why, i've always hated it) so i only wash my face with a face wash when I have a shower. Which to be fair is pretty much every day but not always and not twice a day. so i use cleanser and cotton wool for the other times x