Tuesday 2 September 2014

#LSNED - Day 2

So on my second day of actively learning something new everyday I learnt a few things:

Listen to the advice of the vet when giving Percival a pill and I shouldn't try doing what I do with the dogs and hiding it in cheese. Open the mouth and pop it in. It really is that simple with him. I discovered this after 10 minutes of the cheese thing which he wasn't impressed with.

School uniform - sort it out before the last day of the holidays! I'd bought it all but the trousers needed ironing and the shirts needed taking out of the bags and ironing. My youngest son has aspergers and clothes sensitivity is a massive thing. If it doesn't feel right then he will have a meltdown. The shirts were too baggy after wearing tighter tshirts over the summer and didn't feel right. Cue the washer and dryer to try and shrink them a touch. Nope still not right. Lesson learnt to just sort it out sooner. One not too happy clothes sensitive child with a mum who should know better this morning.

My picture accompanying this post is a lesson I learnt when I took the dog to the park this morning - the grass is covered in dew even at mid morning this time of year. I stupidly wore leather boots that ended up soaked through by the time he was done with his walk.



No comments: